Thursday 7 June 2012

first job in the bush


After my Trails guide course at Makuleke, I started my first job in the bush at a lodge called Billy's Lodge which is part of the Ezulwini group. A beautiful family run small 5* lodge in the greater Kruger National Park. I was there for just over 2 months and it was great fun despite the role being as a Host rather than guiding. It was good experience and a good job to have on my CV.

But it wasn't the dream job, that was the second part of my lodge placement due to start at the end of April. Mum came out to visit and we had a great 10 days in the cape starting in the wine region of Franschoek and then driving to an ostrich farming town then down to the coast and driving the garden route back to Capetown through plettenberg bay, storms river and George. Very nice to show her round my new life in the bush even if she didnt really get to see me guiding. that will have to wait till the next trip out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment